Laser for Acne Scars (fractional)
Laser for Acne Scars
How Laser for Acne Scars Works
Laser for acne scars uses a strong laser light that produces heat and removes the top layer of skin. By doing this, it reveals the smoother skin underneath. In addition, the heat stimulates new skin growth and healing. Collagen and elastin fibers will increase naturally and leave your skin smoother and younger looking.
Patients may expect to have:
- Swelling that should go down in 1-2 days
- Redness that may take up to 10 days to disappear
- Pain at the site of treatment that will only last an hour or two
Laser for Acne Scars Precautions
While cosmetic laser is safe and non-invasive, Dr. Bryant will ask you to take some precautions:
- Discontinue taking any aspirin, blood thinners, or anti-inflammatory medications a few days prior to the procedure
- Do not smoke 2 weeks prior
- Avoid using any creams with retinol at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Acne medications may need to be stopped but the doctor will advise you based on your particular situation
Patient will be advised to use only oil-free make-up for about 3 months after the procedure. Additionally, use a moisturizer daily, and avoid sun exposure. As always, use of a high SPF sunblock is recommended. You should not use a tanning bed for about 6-8 weeks.
World’s Famous Dermatologist is a full-service clinic that offers cosmetic laser for acne scars (fractional) Johns Creek, Marietta, Stockbridge, & Lawrenceville, Georgia. Our laser procedure will provide long-lasting, beautiful results to make you look and feel better about yourself. Let us get you started on a road to clearer skin: (678) 885-7110.
Just a short drive for Rex, Ellenwood, Morrow, College Park, Conyers, East Point, Jonesboro, Lake City, McDonough, Lovejoy, Conley, Locust Grove, Avondale Estates, Red Oak, Woolsey, Decatur, Atlanta, Pine Lake, Druid Hills, Scottsdale, Union City, North Decatur, Clarkston, Stone Mountain, Jenkinsburg, Klondike, Experiment, Porterdale, Fairburn, Griffin, Centerville, Tucker, Tyrone, Forest Park, Riverdale, Hampton, Church Street, Snapfinger, Oxford, Brooks, Covington, Hapeville, Belvedere, Dunaire, Lithonia, Redan, Inman, Fayetteville, Sunnyside.